As a winter sport, the season runs from November to mid-March. Practices generally run four days a week, with competitions on weekends and some weeknights.
All are welcome to wrestle at ECS—there are no gender or size restrictions. Wrestlers learn to use their bodies in conjunction with their brain to engage in a “chess match” on the mat with their opponent. Wrestling encourages self-confidence and poise in all aspects of life. For more information on the Eagle Wrestling program, please email Coach Carolyn Wester at CWester@ECSLoudoun.org.
About the Coach
Coach Carolyn Wester is a world class coach with a long list of accomplishments, with winning experience in high school, collegiate, international (Olympic styles) wrestling and MMA (predominately in the UFC). She specializes in mastered, pattern-based coaching and the process of translating mathematically based techniques for any body type. She is known for motivating wrestlers to exceed their personal expectations.
Highlights of her achievements:
- 625+ wrestlers attending colleges, universities, and military academies.
- Athletes competing in 18 World Championships, 12 Pan Am Championships, and 2 World Youth Olympics.
- First woman Chief Corner in the UFC (12-2) and a part of the coaching team of six UFC World Champions, two of which were Double Champions.
- Cornered UFC in 2015 - 2020 and holds Combat Sport License in Argentina, Arizona, California, Croatia, Idaho, Mexico, Nevada, and Texas.
- First Woman to Corner a D1 Wrestling Match.
- Winning over 285 State Championships and 22 Fargo National Championships, including Super 32, Walsh Jesuit Ironman, Dapper Dan, Reno TOC, Doc B, Journeymen Folkstyle Classic, Junior World Team Trials, Cadet World Team Trials, and Flo Nationals.
- Coaching champion high school wrestlers in 28 states.
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.